Customer Service 24/7
03 9832 0660

Get Property withhold certificate

*PLEASE READ: We are NOT the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), we provide a specialised service to obtain Clearance Certificates on your behalf as registered tax agents*

Australian residents selling real estate with a market value of $750,000 or more, must apply for and obtain what is known as a clearance certificate for the property sold.

If the vendor does not obtain a valid clearance certificate at or before the settlement of the sale of the property, then the purchaser must withhold 12.5% of the sale price by way of a foreign resident capital gains withholding tax.

A clearance certificate provides certainty to purchaser s regarding their withholding obligations. It confirms the withholding tax is not applicable to the transaction.

Company123 provides a specialist service to obtain a clearance certificate as an alternative to obtaining a certificate through the ATO.
Please call (03) 98320660
to speak to a Property Withholding Clearance
Certificate Specialist

Transaction dates

Please, enter settlement date

Has your residency status changed since your last tax return or will it change before you sell the asset?

Please select one of the variants

Have you lodged an Australian tax return for the last two years?

Please select one of the variants

Are you holding the property on behalf of a foreign resident or on behalf of other entities that include a foreign resident?

Please select one of the variants

Select the declaration that applies to you:

Please select one of the variants
Can't be blank
Please, enter the date of declaration
Vendor details Transaction dates {{fields.contractDate | date: 'dd/MM/yyyy'}} {{fields.settlementDate | date: 'dd/MM/yyyy'}} Contact person Clearance certificate application questions {{fields.residencyStatusWillChangedBeforeSell | yesno}} {{fields.lodgedAustralianTax | yesno}} {{fields.holdingPropertyOnBehalfOfForeignResident | yesno}}
Entity – Individual {{fields.individualEntity.dateOfBirth | date: 'dd/MM/yyyy'}} {{fields.individualEntity.migratingOrSettledInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.individualEntity.australianReturningToLiveInAustralia | yesno}}
Employment contract or permanent employment
Exchange program or full time research
Full time education
Holidaying or casual employment
Visiting friends or relatives
Other reasons
{{fields.individualEntity.willStayForSixMonthsOrMore | yesno}}
Staying with family, friends Hotel, motel, hostel or caravan
Hotel, motel, hostel or caravan
University campus
Own or buying a home
Renting or leasing accommodation
{{fields.individualEntity.hasSpouseOrChildren | yesno}}
Currently living with you
Remaining overseas
Coming to live with you
Some with you and some remaining overseas
{{fields.individualEntity.memberOfAnyGroupsInAustralia | yesno}}
{{fields.individualEntity.hasBeenInAustraliaForFixedPeriod | yesno}} {{fields.individualEntity.usualPlaceIsOutsideOfAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.individualEntity.willTakeUpResidenceInAustralia | yesno}}
Entity – Trust {{fields.trustEntity.trustee}} {{fields.trustEntity.isUnitTrust | yesno}} {{fields.trustEntity.anyPropertySituatedInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.trustEntity.carryOnBusinessInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.trustEntity.centralManagementInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.trustEntity.australianResidentsHoldMoreThanHalfProperty | yesno}} {{fields.trustEntity.trusteeIsAustralianResident | yesno}} {{fields.trustEntity.centralManagementInAustralia | yesno}}
Entity – Trust {{fields.companyEntity.incorporatedInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.companyEntity.anyPropertySituatedInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.companyEntity.carryOnBusinessInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.companyEntity.centralManagementInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.companyEntity.votingPowerControlledByResidentsInAustralia | yesno}}
Entity – Super fund {{fields.superFundEntity.entityIsAustralianSuperfund | yesno}} {{fields.superFundEntity.fundEstablishedInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.superFundEntity.centralManagementInAustralia | yesno}} {{fields.superFundEntity.fundHasAnyImportantMembers | yesno}} {{fields.superFundEntity.conditionForHalfIsResidentsOfAustralia | yesno}}
Declaration :
I declare that I am the vendor named in this form and the information contained in this form is true and correct
I declare that:
  • I am an agent or registered tax agent authorised to complete this form on behalf of the entity
  • the form has been prepared in accordance with the information supplied by that entity
  • I have received a declaration from that entity, stating that the information provided to me is true and correct, and
  • I am authorised by that entity to give this form to the Commissioner of Taxation
{{fields.declarationName}} {{fields.declarationDate | date: 'dd/MM/yyyy'}}